Pre-registration to attend the ICRPS 2016 Summer Institute is now available. The institute will be held in Fairbanks, Alaska, and will be hosted at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, by Sustainable Futures North.
Participants will be exposed to the challenges of the rural North, and will have the opportunity to experience Alaska’s diverse interior. Topics will include: the food, water, and energy nexus; health; environmental justice; renewable energy; climate change; and multiple ways of knowing. Field trips will be made to:
- Calypso Farm
- Chena Hot Springs
- University of Alaska Large Animal Research Station
- Alaska Cold Climate Housing and Research Center
- Alaska Center for Energy and Power
- The UA Museum of the North / Morris Thompson Cultural Center
- And optional excursions with the UAF Outdoor Adventures
For more information and to pre-register, please follow the links to the pre-registration form.